Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Connecting is in our DNA

Someone asked me the other day, what is it that I love about Social Media? Well, I guess I love the connecting part to start off with - it's in our DNA. I've always been a networker, and I enjoy meeting new people. I've tried to make a point of staying connected with people I've had the opportunity to collaborate with over the years, which is probably why my social network is so large. I also like the engagement aspect of Social Media. I enjoy listening to the conversations that go on in the social web and the opportunities that are created for engagement in the conversation. I find people fascinating and I think it's great how openly they share their passion with others in online discussions. I also like the opportunities for collaboration that Social Media presents in both our personal lives as well as in business. The sharing of best practices, ideas and energy between people is phenomenal. People are more willing to share their successes and failures now more than ever before. The educational value from this alone, is tremendous. Consider the hundreds of thousands of dollars that companies have paid to consultants over the years, to tell them what their customers will tell them now for free, all they have to do is listen. This is the power of Social Media.


I believe that together, we can achieve more than any one could achieve alone; therefore, only by working together, can we produce the best possible results. Social Media is simply a set of tools that creates the possibility to get there. I love it!

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest and comments on our blog. We appreciate your feedback.

Best,

Barbara A. Daniels